Wednesday, November 30, 2016

About Us

Thank you for dropping by! In 2017 Canada is celebrating 150 years since confederation in 1867.  We wanted to do our small part in helping guide you to different ways to celebrate.

While many much more ambitious sites dedicated to Canada 150 exist (if you haven't already, but sure to visit the official site here), we will focus on some things you might have missed. In particular we plan to focus on learning opportunities, low cost ways to celebrate, environmentally friendly tourism, and drawing attention to overlooked gems within our country.

We need to cover costs of the domain name, hosting, etc., so we will have a few advertisements on these pages, but we promise to keep them limited and non-distracting.  This blog is about sharing and celebrating this amazing country, not about making advertising revenue.

So who am I? I am recently retired after a long career first as a high school teacher and then as a university physics professor. While I lived most of my life on the east coast of Canada, now we live close to our family on the west coast.  I've travelled much of Canada (all but one province, and I hope to complete that and some northern visits during 2017).

But I hope this website will be more about you than about me, and I urge you to submit ideas and announcements. Our associated website is Canada150.website so drop by and see us there too please!

Robert Hawkes
Victoria, BC

No comments:

Post a Comment